Hibernation: food with vitamins to survive the cold
The cold weather is necessary to monitor the level of vitamins and minerals needed by our body, especially if you stick to an active lifestyle and engaged in fitness. Lack of vitamins can not only overshadow you coming season fatigue, sleepiness and lack of energy, but also lead to more serious disease than the common cold. We decided to find out with what you need to get vitamins in the winter cold, where to find them and how to translate the dish containing the same products.
1. Vitamin A
Use: Vitamin A plays a key role in maintaining the immune system, reproductive functions and vision. Beta-carotene, found in vitamin A, helping the retina and cornea to regenerate faster, thus reducing the risk of disease and loss of vision, and speeds recovery from illness.
Where to find: The largest amount of vitamin A is in the sweet potatoes. It should cook something from a small amount of sweet potato, and you will get the necessary dose of vitamin A per day. Also, vitamin A can be found in fish, spinach, milk, eggs and carrots.
What to prepare: country-style sweet potato
- 3 small sweet potato,
- 1, 5, Art. olive oil,
- 1/2 h. Tablespoons dry mustard,
- 2 hours. The spoon fresh rosemary,
- 1/2 hr. Of salt.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into slices (8 slices). Put in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Decompose yam on paper for baking, cooking temperature, 30 minutes at 200 degrees. Turn slices after 15 minutes.
Use: Calcium - the most abundant element in the human body. More than 99% of the calcium that enters the body, is deposited in the important parts of the body such as teeth, bone and muscle. Calcium is essential for maintaining the health of these parts, so you need to regularly consume it in food, especially in cold weather. Also, calcium is responsible for the secretion of hormones.
Where to find: Most of calcium is found in fermented milk products, such as green cabbage, as well as cereal, fruit and juice.
What to prepare: Raspberry parfait
- 1/2 cup brown sugar,
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons butter,
- 1 cup of oatmeal,
- 1/2 cup chopped raw nuts,
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds,
- 1/4 packing yogurt,
- 1 cup of frozen berries.
- For a crispy filling Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet heat the sugar and butter, stirring constantly.
- In another frying pan fry the nuts, oatmeal and pumpkin seeds. Mixed with sugar and oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Place premix into a bowl or cup, top pour yogurt, then repeat until a few layers.
- Garnish with berries and serve.
3. Fatty acids Omega 3
Use: This kind of fats, like omega-3, it is very useful for the organism, because these fats supply the brain cells necessary useful things, as well as reduce any inflammation.
Where to find: These nutrients can be found in plant foods - vegetables, oils, nuts and seeds. This vegetable fats. In fish as much omega-3 fats, e.g., a tuna or cod liver oil.
What to prepare: pâté of tuna
- 2 cans in their own canned tuna juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise,
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley,
- 1/4 finely chopped apple,
- 1/4 cup frozen cranberry,
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts,
- 4 slices of cheese Cheddar,
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion,
- pita or tortilla
- Mix all the ingredients, adding them one by one.
- Cool pie and serve with tortilla or pita bread.
Use: Magnesium is involved in more than 300 biological compounds in the human body. Restoring muscle, nerves, and maintaining heart rhythm, and durability of bones - is responsible for all magnesium. Where to find: The high content of magnesium can be found in foods such as greens like spinach or parsley, fruits, fish and, of course, nuts, bran, and oat flakes.
What to prepare: Oat Muffins
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 cup of oatmeal,
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of bran,
- 2 hours. The soda spoons
- 1/4 hr. Of salt,
- 1 cup yogurt,
- 1 cup sliced bananas or frayed,
- 1 egg,
- 3/4 cup of nuts frayed.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, flakes, bran, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Mix bananas, yogurt, eggs.
- Connect the two mixtures and mix well. Add nuts.
- Forms muffin oiled. Fill the mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
Use: lysine - an amino acid that helps the body absorb calcium, needed for bones and connective tissues. Lysine also helps to regulate cholesterol levels.
Where to find: At any food rich in protein such as red meat. Lysine also found in nuts, vegetables, and beans.
What to cook steak in cranberry sauce
- 1 h. Spoon cumin
- 1/2 h. Spoon of salt,
- 1/2 h. Spoon of pepper,
- 1-3 steak,
- 1 cup chopped onion,
- 1 cup of low-fat beef broth,
- 2 laurel leaf
- 5 and quartered mushrooms,
- 1/4 cup of water,
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons flour,
- 3/4 cup of cranberry sauce,
- 8 cups cooked egg noodles.
- The first three ingredients mix in a bowl and rub them meat. Put into the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Add onion, bay leaf, broth and bring to boil. Leave to stew for 2 hours.
- Slice the mushrooms, onions, roast for 15 minutes.
- Mix the water and flour in a large bowl, then add to the pan along with the cranberry sauce. Cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve the meat with noodles.