33 amazing facts about what is going on in our heads
• 33 amazing facts about what is going on in our heads
The human brain is one of the most important and little-known body organs. Scientists all over the world work tirelessly on his research, discovering more and more new facts. It is known that the brain is an organ of the central nervous system; it consists of nerve cells and their processes, interconnected.
1. New neural connections in the brain are generated every time you do something memorable.
2. After waking up the brain generates energy, which would be enough for a small light bulb.
3. The lack of oxygen in the brain over 5 minutes results in its irreversible damage.
4. Your brain continues to develop up to 50 years.
5. Alcohol does not affect the forgetfulness - just when people get drunk as hell, the brain temporarily lose the ability to remember.
6. In humans, more nerve cells at birth than in the rest of their lives.
7. It can work only the left or only the right hemisphere of the brain. It is a myth. They always work together.
8. Sfenopalativnaya ganglionevralgiya - it is a scientific term for "Brain Freeze"
9. The human brain has the same consistency as tofu.
10. Scientific evidence shows that even a small feeling of power is changing the human brain and reduces its ability to empathize.
11. The cruelty in the family also affects the child's brain, as well as the war in the brain soldier.
12. The smell of chocolate activates the production of theta rhythm that causes relaxation.
13. The pathologist, who carried out the autopsy of Albert Einstein's body, stealing his brain, and preserved in formalin solution for about 20 years.
14. A sense of confidence can be called without the need for a rational explanation, but simply by stimulating a certain part of the brain.
15. Long talks on mobile phone greatly increases the risk of brain tumors.
16. The child's brain may use up to 50% of the glucose in the body, which explains why children need so much sleep.
17. The brain uses 20% of the total number of oxygen and blood to the body.
18. When you learn something new, the brain structure changes.
19. In connection with the opening of the set of brain parasites, scientists no longer deny the possibility of a "zombie apocalypse".
20. Lack of sleep greatly affects the brain, leading to a deterioration in judgment and slow reaction.
21. Half of the brain can be removed surgically with no apparent effect on personality or memory.
22. According to scientists, the brain perceives rejection as physical pain.
23. The brain needs only 6 minutes to react to alcohol.
24. In 2015, the fourth power supercomputer took 40 minutes to simulate a second activity of the human brain.
25. According to the American inventor Ray Kurzweil, in 2023 personal computers reached the processing power of the human brain.
26. The human brain consists of 100 billion neurons, and a trillion glial cells.
27. Half of our genes describes a complex structure of the brain, while the other half describes the organization of the remaining 98% of the body.
28. Scientists believe that the diet can cause the brain to be "there" himself.
29. During orgasm, the brain produces dopamine so that when it is scanned results will be the same as that of a drug addict with heroin.
30. Music affects the production of dopamine in the same way as sex or great food.
31. The taste receptors in humans are not only in the mouth but also in the stomach, intestines, pancreas, lungs, anus, testicles and brain.
32. 60% of the human brain - the fat.
33. Forgetting - it's good for the brain: the removal of unnecessary information helps the nervous system to maintain its flexibility.