Dr. Tips: 10 ways not to gain weight after weight loss
Congratulations! You lost weight - now we have to consolidate the achieved positions. They say that to lose weight easily, but keep the result that the weight did not come back - hard.
This will require a lot of work and willpower. If you are not tired of repeating: "I managed to lose weight, and now I would not let him go back" - then you are on the right track.
Here are 10 tips to help you:
1. Weigh yourself daily. Studies show that people who are weighed once a day, are better able to keep the weight at the same level than those who weighed less. Weigh yourself in the morning after going to the toilet and did not get on the scales until tomorrow morning. Daily weighing can help you keep track of your weight, and if you notice an increase, you can directly from anchoring yourself amending your diet or exercise.
2. Use the plate method. This is a simple and effective way to plan a balanced, healthy diet and accustom themselves to good eating habits. In this method, it is recommended to fill half your plate with vegetables, and dividing the remaining half equally, to fill one of the useful protein, and the second - whole grains. Eat fruit for dessert, and do not forget about dairy products with low fat content.
3. Eat breakfast. 80% of people who are overweight and obese, do not eat breakfast. At the same time slowing down the metabolism, the body absorbs every calorie you eat, which leads to weight gain. Breakfast does not have to be plentiful: you can eat porridge, cottage cheese and fresh fruit. Breakfast also helps not to overeat at the next meal. 4. to build muscle mass. The more muscle mass, the more active metabolism, which means that you will become a machine for burning calories even at rest. If you want to significantly reduce the weight, lift weights.
5. Plan your meals. Have you ever noticed that planning in advance, usually improves the results? This same principle applies to control weight loss. Planning each meal will help you to go in the right direction.
6. Watch the portions consumed. Most of us tend to underestimate the size of servings consumed, which means that as a result we eat more calories, and all our efforts to maintain the weight come to naught.
7. Do not be afraid to eat dairy products. Many people eliminate dairy products from the daily diet, that is. To. Believe that their use leads to overweight. However, studies have shown that eating three servings of low-fat dairy products a day promotes weight loss, and the use of only one portion or elimination of dairy products - on the contrary. Also dairy products should be eaten in order to strengthen the bones.
8. move more. If you do almost every day of good faith go through 2-3 kilometers during a 30-minute walk, and your weight starts to creep back up, you need to increase the duration and intensity of the walk. Increase the time to 45 minutes walk, and a little speed up the step to burn more calories. 9. is not stuck stress. In the event of stress, try to figure out what triggered your condition - anger, frustration, sadness, loneliness, boredom - and then ask yourself: "Am I really hungry or am I just want to deal with painful feelings, too strong for me," Most likely, you do not hungry. Make a list of things you can do instead of eat something high in sugar or fat. For example, you can walk, read, listen to music, call a friend - if only you do not seize the stress.
10. Less watching television and sitting at a computer. Sitting motionless in front of screen, we do not burn calories. If you work at a computer all day, you need to get up and move every 20-30 minutes. Do not spend the evening watching TV, get to a more active employment, to keep himself in the proper form.