Combat soldiers sets in different centuries
• Martial sets of soldiers in different ages
Since ancient times, societies at war with each other. The weapon was probably the first tool that people have created, first hunting of animals for food, and then killing enemies competing for the same resources.
The cave drawings created 30,000 years ago depict men pierced by an arrow, and some of the oldest cave paintings depicting acts of violence between the hunter-gatherers were found in northern Australia, and were created 10,000 years ago. Cave art relating to the period mesolit shows explicit scenes between scenes combat archery groups.
When people discovered new natural resources beneath the Earth's surface, the traditional stone tools have been replaced with bronze, then iron. Spears, axes and swords evolved and eventually replaced with muskets, and, finally, with automatic rifles.
In these photos, the photographer makes an attempt to combat the documentation sets soldiers for 1000 years, who participated in the crucial battles such as the Battle of Hastings in 1066, or the war in Afghanistan in 2013. And it gives us a fascinating look at the evolution of the war.
1. Military kit Housecarl English at the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
2. Equestrian Knight, The Siege of Jerusalem in 1244.
3. The Battle of Agincourt, 1415.
4. Yorkist, the battle of Bosworth, 1485.
5. The volunteer British citizens, Tilbury, 1588.
6. Recruit hour, the battle of Malplaquet, 1709.
7. The ordinary soldier, the battle of Waterloo in 1815.
8. The ordinary soldier, Battle of the Somme, 1916
9. A soldier of the French army, the Battle of Verdun, 1916.
10. A soldier of the German army, the Battle of the Somme, 1916
11. An American infantryman, his arrival in France, in 1917.
12. Lance Corporal, Parachute Brigade, the Battle of Arnhem in 1944.
13. Sapper, Royal Engineers Corps, Helmand province, in 2014.