How many calories are burned while walking? Running or walking - for weight loss Which is better?
Running or walking - for weight loss is the most optimal for each sports. A huge advantage is that you do not overload your body, do not expose his injuries. Not everyone can afford to active sports, some are even absolutely contraindicated. But the correct walking will not only improve health, but also to get rid of excess weight.
How many calories we spend while walking
During the day, each person goes through about ten kilometers away, paying no attention to it. If you lead an active lifestyle, constantly in motion, fatigue did not even feel it.
Few of us know how many calories are burned while walking 1:00. It depends on the weight of a particular person and the speed with which it moves. The faster you walk, the more calories burned, because the muscles are working hard.
Average how many calories are burned while walking 1:00 - is 300 units. Moreover, this amount is calculated for the average walking speed, when the fast burnt 400 kcal (the greater the weight, the lose more).
What is walking
How many calories are burned while walking 1 km, it depends not only on your weight and speed, but also on how you move.
Types of walking and advantages of each technique:
- Walking backwards. This technique will help to get rid of excess weight, strengthen the calf muscles, and even improve your posture. The movement should be started slowly, gradually picking up speed.
- Stairways. This exercise gives an excellent result, but it is desirable to perform not in the hallway, because there is a lot of dust. Find some stairs on the street and worked there. Do not forget that you need to constantly monitor their heartbeat and pulse, so strongly do not overtax the body.
- Tense buttocks when walking. Such walking can be practiced at any time, when you go to work or to the store, just walking. You'd be surprised how many calories are burned while walking 1 km with a strained buttocks. One can see two advantages: weight reduction and strengthening of muscles of hips and buttocks.
- Nordic walking technique with the help of sticks. This type is suitable for people of any age and physique, there are no contraindications. The most amazing thing is that walking this way, you lose about 45% more calories than during a simple walk. With regular classes per week you can lose 3-4 kg. However, it is very important to choose the right stick to make you rely on them.
Walking the stairs
Walking up the stairs - is an effective training for the figure, which is also useful for the organism. The estimated consumption of calories during the ascent - about 0, 14 units per kilogram of your body weight.
The great advantage of this walk is that there is a load on all muscle groups. In order to quickly achieve the desired result, you need to give training about 20-25 minutes each day. Extreme fatigue you feel, but it will work all the muscles.
When climbing a ladder is a big load on the heart, so if you have problems with pressure, then you need to limit yourself in training time.
Benefits of walking up the stairs:
- increases endurance.
- normalizes blood pressure.
- improves heart.
- He goes the extra weight.
Many people wonder how many calories are burned while walking up the stairs. As mentioned above, only to lift out 0, 14 units per kilogram of body weight. Given the fact that the training lasts at least 15 minutes, it turns out that for one session takes about 400-500 calories.
A brisk walk
Daily walks are useful to absolutely everyone. They have a beneficial effect on health, maintain muscle tone and temper the body. When comes to the question of how many calories are burned when walking fast, then we can say with full confidence that it is absolutely the same as after an hour of intense aerobic exercises.
For a brisk walk it is very important to choose the right area. Of course, it is more convenient to the stadium, located near your home. You can make a walk every day before going to bed about 40-50 minutes. Do not forget that you not only lose weight, but also improve your body, because fresh air is always helpful, especially in the evening.
Do not immediately begin to walk fast, start slowly. On the second lap a little add speed, add more in the third. So until then, until you have the desired tempo.
Running or walking - it is better for weight loss?
When a person wants to do sports, often the question arises: running or walking for weight loss will give better results? The unequivocal answer to this question for the simple reason that it all depends on your stamina and the amount of excess weight.
It is best to start with a quick, athletic walk. A few weeks of training will strengthen your muscles, and then it will be possible to start the run. However, doctors recommend not abut completely in one session, and alternate them. For example, in one day you do walking, jogging the next day.
technique for weight loss walk
When to go, how much time to give lessons - it's up to you. All depends on your health, and the extra weight that you want to reset. Some expert advice can help create a custom mode for training:
- If you plan to do in order to lose weight, you need to take a minimum of 6 kilometers a day, only then will really notice the results.
- Do not start running immediately, start with the usual brisk walk, the muscles need to prepare for more intense loads.
- Keep track of your steps. Step is to start with the heel and toe to move on.
- Hands necessarily need to move to the beat of the steps.
- The minimum holding time is 40 minutes.
- Try to get used to walk in such a way that it becomes for you not to exercise, but a simple walk. If you can develop the habit of walking every day, believe me, the result will be significant.
- It is impossible to load the body, the pace needed to gain gradually.
- In order to engage in walking comfortably, it is important to choose the right outfit. Namely - a comfortable loose-fitting clothes, shoes that are not too tight.
- correctly pick the place to do it. The terrain must be flat, perfectly suitable stadium.
- If you want to calculate how many calories are burned while walking, it is necessary to take into account your individual features. With an average weight of 100 kcal is consumed in 10 minutes sessions, with overweight - even more.
How quickly goes the extra weight when walking
Everyone, whether man or woman wants to look good. And the extra weight creates discomfort. Agree, it is very frustrating when you do not nalezayut favorite jeans or shirt fits on all sides. Enough to count how many calories are burned while walking - it's time to get down to business.
Even if you work all day and have no time for training with trainer or fitness club - it does not matter. Morning or evening walks bring much more benefit than you think. In addition it is very good for health, walking 40-60 minutes daily will help you balance your weight. However, do not think that the next day you will be pleased with the scales. This is not true. Only regular walking will actually tangible results within a few weeks. And if we combine training with proper nutrition - you soon will not know yourself, look in the mirror.
How many calories are burned while walking? It all depends on how much you lose weight and what exercise intensity. One thing is for sure - the more and the faster you move, the more excess weight is gone.
Let daily walking will not a simple exercise for you, a favorite pastime. The combination of business with pleasure always gives excellent results. Now you know not only how many calories are burned while walking, but also what it is, how to properly deal with in order to achieve a good result. Take care of yourself, take care of their figures, because excess weight is detrimental to health.